Veneers are thin layers of porcelain that can be bonded to the front of teeth to improve their shape and colour. They can also be used to correct minor rotations and crowding problems (though orthodontic treatment may also be useful). They are minimally destructive compared to crowns and are an excellent cosmetic option when indicated.
Veneers can help you achieve a long lasting, whiter, brighter smile.
A crown is used to restore a tooth when it is so broken, discoloured or filled that it requires a full coverage cap to provide improved function, strength and aesthetics for the patient.
Many of the crown restorations we carry out are made in all ceramic tooth coloured materials.
All the latest and best materials are used to ensure a high quality result. These materials include 3M ESPE s LAVA®.
Also IPS Empress 2®. These materials have many advantages over more traditional metal based bonded porcelain crowns:
- Better overall look due to light translucency. Natural teeth are partly translucent and with metal based crowns this is lost and crowns can look flat, lifeless and opaque. Ceramic crowns look much more realistic as light is reflected and refracted internally.
- Better marginal appearance due to light transmission. This gets rid of the dark shadow at the gum margin that can be unsightly.
- Good soft tissue tolerance. The gum tissues can often be irritated due to the metal alloys in some crowns and can recede and/or become red and inflamed. Ceramic crowns cause much less irritation.
- Crowns are bonded with the latest resin bonding materials such as Rely-X Unicem® for a long lasting protective and secure bond.
The loss of teeth is always an unfortunate event. Dental implants can replace these teeth in a predictable and long lasting way, helping improve self esteem and confidence.
Dental implants are titanium replacement roots. These roots can then support new crowns or dentures which are generally fixed (permanently) in place.
Implant can be used to replace one tooth, multiple teeth on a bridge or even to support a denture to make it more stable.
The advantages of dental implants include:
- More stable and aesthetically pleasing than dentures
- Easier chewing and eating
- As easy to keep clean as natural teeth
- There is no need to adjust or prepare the surrounding teeth as with conventional bridge work when replacing teeth.
Adult orthodontic treatment can be a great way to improve your smile. If you have crowded or spaced teeth, teeth which stick out or are misaligned, then this treatment could provide you with a beautiful smile.
We offer 3 different types of Orthodontic treatment, each with its own advantages.
The Inman Aligner is a fast removable appliance for crowded or protruded teeth at the front of the mouth. This treatment process can take between 6-18 week to complete. This treatment can be very effective for those who have previously had orthodontic treatment which as relapsed. As the appliance is removable, the Inman Aligner can be taken out for important meetings or engagements. Dr. Kilroy is an experienced certified Inman Aligner dentist.
Clear Aligners are clear preformed plastic retainers which gently push one tooth at time into the required position. These aligners are almost invisible, removable and easy to wear. Because this system moves one tooth at a time, it typically takes the longest to straighten teeth, with treatment times taking from 12 months.
Sometimes Inman Aligners and Clear braces can’t fix all the problems associated with squint teeth, and sometimes the above options aren’t what patients want for whatever reason. At Morningside Dental Clinic, we use white brackets and tooth coloured wires when carrying out fixed orthodontic treatment. These braces are barely visible and although treatment times vary depending on how misaligned your teeth are, this treatment usually takes approximately 6 months.
We are all aware today how valuable it is to have teeth that look good. A great smile can have a major impact on our social life, work life and give us better self confidence.
The fantastic modern materials in dentistry today combined with new techniques mean that creating a great smile is becoming more of a reality for many people.
Techniques include- Tooth whitening, Composites - (White fillings), Veneers, Crowns and also All Ceramic Bridges.
We can even take impressions of your teeth and get the laboratory to construct wax mocks on models to show what your veneers or crowns may look like prior to any treatment!